RHE (formerly PSCHE)
What will our well-informed, resilient and courageous children be able to do when they leave us?
Our RHE education helps our children to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to manage life’s challenges and make the most of life’s opportunities.
It is personalised to reflect the unique needs of our community and how to safeguard themselves as they grow and develop in a 'rapidly changing world'.
Our curriculum enables children to tackle barriers to their learning, raise aspirations, and improves the life chances of our most vulnerable and disadvantaged children. Our curriculum helps keep children safe, mentally and physically healthy and prepared for life and work. All children leave our school knowing that they can make a difference.
We implement the curriculum as seen below on the medium term plan.
We measure the impact of our curriculum through the following methods:
- Summative assessment of pupil discussions about their learning.
- Images of the children’s practical learning.
- Interviewing the pupils about their learning (pupil voice).
- Pupil’s books are scrutinised and there is the opportunity for a dialogue between teachers to understand their class’s work.
- Annual reporting of standards across the curriculum.